Thursday 4 March 2021

Android Not-So-Smart TV

 On my TCL Android TV, the USB files are displayed on screen in reverse chronological order based on the file creation date, by default. To order by file name, I have to explicitly go to the menu and select it every time. This is really inconvenient. What's worse - the TV can only sort the file names as a string without considering numeric parts of the string - e.g. file 2.* will appear before 11.*. 

So for me to watch TV series or training videos, I 'd have to manually look for the next file to watch. This is not smart at all.

To get around the problem I recursively updated all my files' creation date to reversely align with their file names (with consideration of the numerical part of the file name).



$filepath="E:\1_TV\Show\[romen.com] - Block & Chain - A Complete Introduction"
ls -literalPath $filepath -Recurse | Sort-Object -descending { [regex]::Replace($_.Name, '\d+', { $args[0].Value.PadLeft(20) }) } | forEach-Object { 
    Write-Host "processing file" $_
    $_.CreationTime = Get-Date
    $_.LastWriteTime = Get-Date
    sleep 1
    }

No comments: