Friday 22 January 2010

Rise of the Droid

Traffic to this blog had been pretty flat in the last couple of months. It was not surprising considering the holiday season. However, I noticed an unusual surge of traffic in the last three weeks creating new record highs. I was a bit baffled. The only thing mildly interesting (to me) that I wrote after the New Year was about hacking LinkedIn API. I don't think many netizens are that interested in LinkedIn, let alone LinkedIn API.

A little digging in my custom reports in Google Analytics revealed that my No. 1 visited blog was Consumer Web Services from Android that I wrote in 2008 when the Android 0.9 SDK Beta was released. For about 12 months, that post was not among the top 5 list. Yet soon after Google announced its launch of Android phone people are are beefed up about development for Android platform.  Judging from the developer community’s enthusiasm, it won’t take long before tons of Android applications to be available, helping Android’s market share. So I expect to see Android to catch up with iPhone in the next 12-24 months. It will be interesting to see how the multi-vendor strategy work out against Apple’s iPhone.

Kudos to Google!

No comments: